To create my model for this projects set design, I was able to try a lot of new techniques. I tried soldering, laser cutting, using the spray booth etc. I really enjoyed attempting these precesses, despite the stress involved when things went wrong.
To create the miniature hospital bed I bent copper wire into the correct shapes and soldered all the parts together. This was such a delicate process, and a time consuming one. However difficult I found this technique, I managed to create a bed that was true to real life.
To create the hospital privacy screens I attempted many different processes. These were the most difficult aspect to build. I tried soldering, using electrical wires, filing foam board, cutting card to no avail. In the end I decided to try laser cutting to create the shapes, and then join them together using wire.